Your trust and confidence are very important to us. For this reason, we want to make sure you understand how the integrity and privacy and of your personal information is protected. We believe that we have the legal and ethical obligation to protect the information obtained for the purposes described in this notice.
This privacy notice is made public in adherence to the following articles of Federal Law concerning the Protection of Personal Data in Hands of Private Entities: third transitory, 16 and 17, published in the Official Journal of the Federation on July 5, 2010. This legal ordnance has the objective of protecting personal information in possession of private entities, regulating its legitimate, controlled and informed use, in order to guarantee the privacy and the right of informative self-determination of individuals. Given the above, you will have full control and decision power over your personal information. We recommend you read this information carefully.
According to Federal Law, relevant concepts are defined as follow:
I. Personal data: any information concerning an identified or identifiable personal.
II. Sensible personal information: information which affects the most intimate sphere of its owner, for which inappropriate use may result in discrimination or implies grave risk to this person. Specifically, information considered sensitive includes aspect such as ethnic, racial, present and future health status, genetic information, religious, philosophical or moral beliefs, union membership, political opinions and sexual preference.
III. ARCO rights: rights to access, rectification, cancelation and opposition as contemplated in the corresponding Federal Law.
IV. Law: The Federal Law for the Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Private Entities.
V. Responsible entity: Amerimed Hospitals including its subsidiaries: Hospital Amerimed Cancún S.A. de C.V. and Hospital Amerimed Cozumel Islamed S.A. de C.V. are responsible for the handling of your personal information.
VI. Incumbent: the person to which the personal information pertains.
The responsible entities are a group of legally constituted societies under Mexican Laws, committed to the protection of all Personal Data given by the Incumbent.
Purpose of the personal information gathering
Personal information in possession of Amerimed Hospitals shall be used to:
- The provision of medical and hospital services including, but not limited to, hospitalization, surgery, diagnostic studies, nursing care, pharmaceutical services, blood bank services, hemodialysis, oncologic treatment, laboratory studies, imaging and radiology studies, pathology studies, physical therapy, diet and nutrition services and other services in relation to health services.
- The creation, study, analysis, update and conservation of the clinical record according to the corresponding Mexican Official Norm NOM 004 SSA3 2012.
- Billing and collecting for medical, hospital and diagnostic services, records, statistics, and health information analysis.
- Records keeping in order to provide continued and future care, and to follow up on any contractual matters between Amerimed Hospitals and the client.
- Marketing statistics and analysis.
- Marketing of services by Amerimed Hospitals or other enterprises of the same corporation.
Amerimed Hospitals will gather and treat sensitive information relating to the incumbent’s health for the aforementioned purposes. Sensitive personal information will be kept and treated under strict security and confidentiality for purposes related with the provision of health services and those according to this privacy notice and any applicable legislation and regulations.
In the context of the provision of services, Amerimed Hospitals may transfer within or outside Mexico the personal information in its possession to third parties for the purposes stated in this privacy notice. Third parties with whom information may be shared include, but are not limited to, laboratories, clinics, hospitals, research centers, insurance companies, as well as any enterprise belonging to the same corporate group, authorities, or any party whom Amerimed Hospitals deems necessary or convenient to share personal information with.
Limiting use and release of personal information.
To limit the use of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com, please address our Legal Department stating the specific limitation that you request about your personal information.
Means to exercise ARCO (access, rectification, cancellation and opposition) rights
In order to gain access to the personal information in possession of Amerimed Hospitals, as well as to rectify this information in case it is inaccurate, or incomplete, in order to cancel them or to oppose to their treatment for certain purposes, please present a written request addressed to our legal department to firstname.lastname@example.org Your request should include the following information:
- Name of the incumbent.
- Physical or email address.
- ID or authorization of a representative.
- Description of the personal information over which ARCO rights exercise is sought.
- Any other element that facilitates the location of the personal information in question.
Means to revoke consent
The incumbent may, at any time, revoke the consent given to Amerimed Hospitals for the treatment of personal information by sending a written request to our legal department at email@example.com detailing the specific information over which consent is revoked.
Notification of changes to the privacy notice
The present privacy notice may change at any time to comply with legal updates, internal policies, new requirements for the provision of medical services, or any other cause at the sole discretion of Amerimed Hospitals. In this case, changes will be made available at our website